Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Update

So...
That prescription with all of the lovely side effects that I last posted about, well my neurologist decided that I needed to be taking more so I now take 600mg 3x/day and it basically has me sleeping and in such a fog all day I don't know if I prefer that over the pain? Why can't they just put me on something to ease the pain to a manageable level without the extreme drowsiness???  You would think I would feel great with all the sleep but nope I feel so tired all the time. I fell asleep on the way to Moline to watch our cousin Kristi and Drake's crew team it took Chris a good 20 minutes to wake me, that's just crazy!!

On a different note Chris and I have started counseling to deal with all of the issues that have arisen mostly due to my health conditions. So far so good, we both like the therapist. I chose a male thinking that would make Chris feel more comfortable and well I have a male Gynecologist so you can assume it does not bother me either way. He is basically teaching us to communicate better and to remember our opinions are just preferences we cannot make the other person do anything or demand that they do as we say. So instead of "you need to" it is now " I would like it if you..." it just comes off a lot better. He has also assigned us homework we are both to read Dr. David Burns book Feeling Good  so far it is not awfully dry and pretty informative about cognitive behaviors. I would recommend to anyone who just wants to think about a new outlook. Chris and I spent about a week and a half together without a single disagreement which I think for any couple is a great accomplishment. I do believe however that I need to see the therapist for one on one sessions thanks to insurance policies. So our insurance BCBS does not cover couples counseling so they had to mark Chris as the patient and with they marked down for him they will cover "family sessions." I think we can all agree that I need a little more attention on myself as well as part of the couple sessions. So that is my assignment for myself this week try to get myself going for individual sessions now that I feel comfortable with the therapist.

No comments:

Post a Comment