Tuesday, October 11, 2011

I just need to vent

OK I completely understand the need to raise awareness and funds for breast cancer I just want to state that before I begin my rant. At any time of the year you will find pink everything with a percentage of the profit going to breast cancer. Now here we are in October and is everywhere you look. Does anyone know when endometriosis awareness month is?? What about ovarian and cervical cancer?? Does anyone even know what any of the other color ribbons mean??? Obviously I am partial to the other female issues as well as fibromyalgia and chronic pain syndromes. I would proudly support autism awareness or melanoma awareness but we never see any products or fundraisers for these other disorders and cancers unless a family member is participating in a walk or run which is all they have to raise funds for research for conditions that have no cures or have extremely lower survival rates. I lost an aunt to pancreatic cancer I have a purple ribbon but you never see anything else to purchase to help researchers find better ways to treat such a deadly cancer. I am all fired up about this as I create pink wine labels for the bottles my parents are donating to "flowers of hope" for breast cancer. I will be running to walmart later today to get a hanes t-shirt supporting breast cancer awareness since my family will be at the all day event at Violet's flower shop in Berwyn this Saturday (Sweetest Day). Just once I would like these companies big or small to look into helping other causes that need to get information out to the masses. Before I shared my endometriosis story how many of you knew what it was??? How many other conditions are out there that get no attention so there are no new treatments there are no cures so people just need to suffer and deal with it. I am done venting and again I understand the need to support breast cancer just wish every cancer and condition received as much love from the masses.

No comments:

Post a Comment