Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Out with the new in with the old

Weird heading, I know you are like hey Amy you have that backwards. Ha ha not this time! So a week ago today I went and saw the neurologist that my GP recommended for me. He is switching me meds one at a time. He wants to have me wean off of the Lyrica first and go on a "tried & true" drug that is most commonly prescribed as an anti - convulsant. Also going from a 75mg 2/day dose to a 300mg 2/day dose it is supposed to help everything that is going on with my body as well as try to keep my nasty migraines at bay. So I am being a good prescription taker and reading all the information that comes with a new drug and I am reading and it is just blowing my mind!! " Call a health care provider if you encounter any of these symptoms and they worry you:
  1. Thoughts about suicide or dying
  2. attempts to commit suicide
  3. new or worse depression
  4. new or worse anxiety
  5. feeling agitated or restless
  6. panic attacks
  7. insomnia
  8. new or worse irritability
  9. acting aggressive, being angry, or violent
  10. acting on dangerous impulses
  11. an extreme increase in activity and talking
  12. other unusual changes in behavior or mood
The Most Common Side Effects
  1. dizziness
  2. lack of coordination
  3. viral infection
  4. feeling drowsy
  5. feeling tired
  6. fever
  7. jerky movements
  8. difficulty with speaking
  9. amnesia
  10. tremor
  11. difficulty with coordination
  12. double vision
  13. unusual eye movements
Correct me if I am wrong but I am trying to get rid of these side effects since there are also symptoms of FMS. Chris came to this appointment with me and as a good paramedic asked about side effects between new drug Gabapentin and old new drug lyrica and was told that Gabapentin is one that they are allowed to prescribe to the elderly well no offense some of the side effects they are already experiencing depending on their age so are they a good sample group??

No comments:

Post a Comment